Thursday, September 12, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch #45


Hello Everyone, I hope you guys are having a fantastic day today.
 Its time for
CAS(E) this Sketch #45.

Today we have a sketch made by N@ Ali's, isn't Amazing? So many possibilities!


To begin... I created  a winter scene for this sketch. 

You see I am starting to make some early non-traditional holiday cards to give out to friends and families. 
Since I am always excited in the change of seasons. So what a better way to get an early start now.

On my card I used the stamps from Papertrey Ink Hills collection by Nichole Heady.

 Can you tell I am....so longing to have a cool weather here soon :) its just too hot here in Jacksonville. 
Our electric bill is getting too expensive every month. 
I hope the weather in your neck of the woods is as fair as can be.


Here is how I did the card....
On my card panel I made an outline for my ground first using the ruler and pencil
since I can never get a straight line without my ruler. After making my line I then stamped my 
tree images from the Hills collection stamp sets. 

The houses are also from that set. I just colored and fuzzy cut them.
I just highlighted the ground with copics W1, W3, and W5. I then added the Diamond Stickles 
on the trees, ground, and that pretty much finishes the card.

I Just let the stickles dry first before adhering the houses :)

  
Here are the Copic colors I used for my houses and ground. The ink pad I used for the trees is the
Hero Arts Soft Sand Shadow Ink. 


I hope you can see how wintery this feel from the glitz of the tree.
That diamond stickles really did its job.

If you can see the top of the roof I also added some Liquid Pearls White Opal from Ranger  then add
the diamond stickles, but I think it will do without. 
Hehe..he.. its just me, I wanted the snowy look. 



 On the top of my pink house I also added the liquid pearl first and then added the stickles to give that
glitz of snow on the roof feel.


For the sentiments on my card I used the stamp set from Winter Hills "Winter Wishes"
and for the "Enjoy your day"  I used the stamp set from Mini Bloom stamp sets.

Here's how it looks when the glitters on the card hit the light...so pretty!


Here is the front view of my wintery card. 
I hope you guys like it   :)


 Hope you guys get a chance to play with us this week.
I cannot wait to see what you make.

If you need more inspiration, please check out these ladies fabulous interpretation.


Have an AMAZING day!
Thank you for taking some time to visit me.

Joni




..........Supplies........

                      
                          Spring Hills Stamp Set
                               Summer Hills                                                  Winter Hills                                                Spring Hills      
Mini Bloom


8 comments:

  1. Oh....love your card! What a pretty scene you created. I am waiting for Fall too, tough here in CA it's pretty much all the same weather LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so lovely, Joni! I love your take on the sketch-- it's so creative and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO sweet and lovely! I adore the scene that you created! Every detail is beautiful, Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE a non traditional Christmas card! The rooftops are awesome!!! I'm so happy fall is on our door steps! And Christmas will be here before we know it!! Crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning coloring job. Love your images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! Love the gold treescapes behind the houses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on the sketch, Joni--two gorgeous little scenes with so much detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and making my day :)