Thursday, February 27, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #66

Hello Everyone,
Happy Thursday and another
CAS(E) this Sketch week.

The sketch for this week is pretty simple but loads of possibilities :)


For my sketch...I created a shaker card using Wplus9 stamp sets from
Dockside, Dockside Background, Country Charm, More Fresh Cuts, Stackers Rounded Rectangles, Nautical Notion Die, and Happy Trio Dies.

1. First I created my card base from a white cardstock, I first stamped my bird image and sun using the wrong side of the tiny life saver image included in the Dockside stamp set. Then did a little ink distressing.
2. Then, I created a panel same size of the A2 card then stamped it with wood grain background and the bottom of the panel I stamped it with the rope image also from the same set  Dockside Background
3. This is where I cut my window using the 2nd to the largest of the  Rounded Rectangles. After cutting the window I cut another panel this time using the largest of the Rounded Rectangles where I stamped the stripes using the Country Charm with the Wplus9 Lake House pigment ink.
4. Next, I attached my clear cardstock panel at the back of the window, then attached some foam dots to help my sequins move around. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh cornflower, cobalt, and clear.
5. I die-cut the boat image from the stand alone Nautical Notion Die. I colored the boat with my Copics but the sail I stamped it with images from More Fresh Cuts. This is a retirement card for a female after all *-* adding the flower image that way I think is better if you don't want a bulk when you mail it :)


6. I added the "happy" die from Happy Trio Dies just recently released for the month of February. The "retirement" sentiment is from Dockside stamp set which I cut and adhere it with foam dots for a little dimension.


Here's the full look of the card.


I hope you enjoyed my Nautical flower retirement card.

Just click HERE to join the stamping fun.

Thank you so much for visiting me!
Have a Fabulous day :)

46 comments:

  1. Oh, Joni, this is stunning! So much to discover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a kewl card! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your talent amazes me, this is magnificent!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, Joni, this looks amazing! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is absolutely fabulous!! I love the sailboat scene and the blue water sequins!! It looks so amazing!! What a gorgeous card!! I love, love this!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhhh, just gorgeous!!! I LOVE the sails with the blooms! You just never cease to amaze me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love the sequins and the sailboat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes you did! This is gorgeous! I love the flower sail and the sequins, it totally takes me to a tropical place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! What a beauty!
    It's like you are taking us sailing...how wonderful and creative of you!
    Thanks Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun card, love the scene... Great take on those sequins for water, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your creativity just blows me away, Joni! The flower sail is so inventive & perfect--just what I'd like on my retirement card--not far away!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow!!! The colors and patterns mixed are amazing!!! LOVE the idea of a shaker box from this sketch!!! Simply stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful floral sail on your little retirement boat Joni! so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A simple sketch transformed into a stunning work of art! Your retirement card will be absolutely treasured by the person you've made it for! She'll adore it, as do I! Again...awed by your creativity!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay !! who else could have thought about this that you, what a lovely scene, that sail is too beautiful, the idea od sequins as water is mind blowing Joni u are so brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cool is your card? Love that sailboats with it flower sail! Very, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So clever and fun, Joni! I love how you created your scene and the sequins are fabulous! The recipient of this beautiful work of art is going to love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the sequin pocket that you created! The colors are super vibrant and beautiful! This got to be the most amazing retirement card that I have ever seen! You have wowed me again, Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE the sail on this incredible boat and all the sequins! A work of art, Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! The boat, the sequins ... just everything!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my goodness...this is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great idea to use blue sequins for water in your shaker card, Joni!! I love it when things have a purpose and meaning, in addition to being incredibly gorgeous!! Another great idea to have a floral sail. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh, that shaker alone is dazzling! Love the blue sequins for the water!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just love the sail on the yacht and the sequin sea. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an absolutely adorable card, Joni! So fun and perfect for a retirement. Love the idea of her sailing away into the future on a new venture!
    That shaker piece is amazing! SO genius to use the blue sequins to mimic the ocean, and I just adore the sun and the flowers you added to the sail. You are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Joni, I'm so happy you stopped by my blog. This is a gorgeous card. I can't wait to look back through your blog and see your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super fun card. I love the sequins for water. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are amazing! This is a gorgeous sailboat and card! It's just so pretty to look at ...love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Joni, this is amazing! I love the shaker card and the cute sailboat! So fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Joni this card makes me happy, that mast on your sailboat is gorgeous and the shaker card scene with the blue sequin ocean! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fantastic card. I love the scene you created, and the shaker is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  32. VERY pretty!! I love the how you used those sequins and make them look really really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Stunniing card Joni!!!! Bright colors and an awesome design!

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG!! This is too AWESOME!! I LOVE the HAPPY Feeling of this card and the BEAUTIFUL Colors and paper you used for the sails!! Just so PRETTY!! THANKS for sharing and for the SWEET Comments you have left on my Blog!! It means ALOT!! Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  35. So pretty, Joni ... especially that floral sail! Love how you used the sequins for the ocean! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Joni, this is such an adorable, colorful and so detailed card! I'm so loving the way you did the sail for the boat, the floating 'water' sequins, the frame, and just all the elements you have created to form this wonderful card. Well DONE! TFS & Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  37. I've seen a lot of spinnakers go past my folks' house in Port Huron to Mackinac sailboat races, but NEVER such a cool floral one! So much detail - such a work of art. Love it Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ooooh...this looks awesome! I love the sequins and the floral sail!

    ReplyDelete
  39. GORGEOUS!! I love the stamped sails. I HAVE to get that more fresh cuts set. You rocked this :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! This is just so gorgeous and original - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  41. OMG! I love the whole concept of this card, mind blowing creation, Joni.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the awesome scene you created, Joni! You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I can't stop thinking about this card, Joni. (Or all your other ones, really!!) DEE-lightful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and making my day :)