Hello Everyone....I have an exciting news to share. I am Guest Designing at Mama Elephant's June 2014 Released....Cool right? I am sure I am not the only one waiting for this release. This month is one of my favorite since now that they have released another installment of these cute little people. I am sure you guys will fall in-love with and super adorable I must say with the matching creative cuts to boot :)
Remember the release is now live and available for purchase in the store.
First let me share with you how I created my scene for this wonderful stamp images.
1. To begin my panel I drew my own image tree on a watercolor paper, I first just started with the outline, using the Distress Marker Vintage Photo.
2. Once the outline is done, I then thicken the branches here and there on the tree. I also underlined the ground (just a guide to make it straight) I also added some Distress Marker here in there using the brush tip of the Crushed Olive.
3. Next, I used two kinds of brush tip to get my watercolor going. I used one fine tip and rounder tip to watercolor the tree and the ground. I got these brushes at my local Micheals store :). just in case you are interested *wink*.
4. Once the ground the and tree is finished. I then added some tiny flowers and leaves that are included on the BOUNTIFUL BLESSINGS. These tiny flowers and leaves are just perfect complement on any add-ons you would like to include on your projects.
5. In this scene I finished adding my flowers and leaves here and there using the Distress Markers Crushed Olive and Worn Lipstick.
6. On this scene if you can see the ground at the bottom of the flowers I add some brown lines using the Distress Marker Vintage Photo, (This this will help create a hint of brown once I start to add the water to resemble the dirt from the ground).
7. Next I first added the water at the bottom of the flowers to create a brown that resembles the dirt on my scene.
8. I then added the water on the flowers to give that watercolor looking that I am going for.
On this picture you can see that I also added some water on the tree leaves and flowers to matched the watercolor scene :). I also stamped the tiny flowers everywhere on the panel, as if to look like the flowers had fallen from the tree because of the wind.
The butterflies that you see is also from the stamp set IN MY HEART. I used the distress marker to color in the butterfly before stamping. The sentiment is also from the same set, I popped the sentiment using foam dots.
The tiny turtle is included in the set of the IN MY HEART.
After all the watercoloring is done I then stamped, colored, die-cut, and adhere this cute little girl image on the middle of the finished panel. She's so adorable don't you agree? Looking at this character she's waiting and missing somebody very much. Simply perfect addition on the projects we send to our friends and love-ones.
Here's the full view of the card :)
I hope you enjoyed the process of this special card I made for a friend.
Oh...Don't forget the Giveaway :)
GIVEAWAY ALERT! To celebrate the new release, Mama Elephant is giving away one of each of the new stamps released! Winners will be chosen at random from the collective blogs in the Stampede. Winners will be announced on the blog on the last Stamp Highlights day. You have up to 3 chances to qualify to win! Just leave a separate comment for each!
Leave a comment on this blog post
Like/share us on Facebook: facebook.com/mamaelephant
Follow/tweet us on Twitter: twitter.com/heymamaelephant
Joni Andaya ----- you are here
...............................................Stamps and Creative Cuts Used.............................................
Thank you so very much for visiting!!!
Have a Wonderful Day Hopping :)
See you tomorrow for more projects using Mama Elephant Products.