Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine Special Thanks! Blog Hop!


You should have arrived from Kathy Martin's Blog.


Hello Everyone, with a heavy heart sharing the news of PC&S leaving us is unfathomable. As I look back, my love for card making all started when I picked up the very first Paper Craft Magazine in my local bookstore back in the year 2011. I saw many amazing cards from talented designers that gave me a chance to try for myself to create too. From this magazine is where I learned which products to use, styles, and different techniques that we evoke to our own way. I cannot believe this is really happening, for all the inspiration gathered and shared for the love of this craft, this will be forever remembered!

For my project I used the new to be released on Dec, 5th 2014 Miss You Lots stamp set. I did this background by stamping the Distress ink pad on the heat mat and spritzing it with water then smooshing the watercolor paper to get the effect, I did the colors on the background one at a time once the first color is dried (Peacock Feather), then followed by (Wild Honey), and (Peeled Paint).  The very first technique I learned upon discovering the love for card making. I let it dry and splattered it with Heidi Swapp color shine in Gold. Once it completely dried I then adhere it on the card with foam square. I added the colored image from Miss You Lots and Pretty Peonies stamp sets. The sentiment is from the Wplus9 Hand Lettered Thanks stamp set.





Here's the full image of the card.



I hope you enjoyed! Thank you so much for stopping by!!! Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking will be thoroughly missed.



Your next stop is at Debbie Marcinkiewicz blog. 



............................................................................................................................................................

15 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! The saturation of colour is amazing and love the extension of the flowers past the card edge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is SO sweet, Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember "smooshing" being one of the first techniques I learned about too. Fell in love with its magic. Kinda like heat embossing ;) Sweet card, Joni.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow totally gorgeous.. great coloring and fabulous background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful - What a fantastic list ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and making my day :)