Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Wplus9 - A New Day


Hello Everyone and welcome back to Day 3 previews of Wplus9 April 2015 Released.
Today I am showcasing the new Coal Mine cardstock, A New Day  stamp set along with Love Mom Layers die set.






To begin my card I first cut the patterned paper same size as the A2 card and adhered onto the white card base. Next, I die-cut the white cardstock using the large stitched frame from the Love Mom Layers die set and distressed it with PURE COLOR dye ink in Wild Mango and Falling Star. Then I die-cut the new Coal Mine cardstock using the large stitched frame and large double stitched circle die from the new Love Mom Layers die set. Then adhered the two panel together the coal mine being the top panel.


Next, I stamped the cute chickadee from the A New Day  stamp set on a white cardstock and colored it with cheap Watercolors from Michaels, fussy cut the image and adhered it on the panel.

The sentiment "Tomorrow is a new day" is also from the same stamp set, the sentiment was heat embossed in gold directly on the Coal Mine cardstock panel.

To finish off the card I add some Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.



For my next card I first stamped the chickadee on a watercolor paper and colored it using Distress Inks from Ranger. The colors I used were Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Barn Door, Crushed Olive, and Peacock Feather.



To create the background I combined diluted Peacock Feather and Vintage Photo. You can see the current video that shows how to create this background if you are interested HERE.

I then added some splatters of ink in Vintage Photo, Wild Honey, and Crushed Olive. For the sentiment I used the hello die from the Hand Lettered Hello and added the "friend" sentiment from Fanciful Feathers stamp set.

To finish off the card I added some Pretty Pink Posh in Lime Sorbet.


I hope you guys enjoyed!

For more Inspiration please visit...


Thank you so much for Stopping by!
XOXO






For Giveaway
Please click HERE











19 comments:

  1. Wow, these are absolutely gorgeous! Both are wonderful but the first one is especially amazing. Your coloring with the black frame and gold embossing is really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the cards are Fab...Loved bold yellow n black combo on first one, bird shines on both of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are both gorgeous, Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are seriously beautiful!! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous! I am LOVING that bird!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joni Joni Joni you simply amaze me with your card making skills!! And you've made me look at my black cardstock in a whole new way!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cards stunning! birds as living, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joni, they are gorgeous! I love the Hello, Friend one :D So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Both so different, but SO beautiful!! Your watercoloring is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work! Awesome colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOOOOVE what you did with this adorable chickadee stamp! Chickadees are my favorite birdies, my heart literally swells when I see one. LOVE THESE! Gotta gt that stamp set....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow absolutely gorgeous cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, gorgeous cards!! Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joni you are so amazingly talented. Two stunning cards using the same stamp in such different ways. You are very inspirational

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and making my day :)