Friday, February 21, 2014

Trend Watch Challenge - Happy


Hello Everyone....
I just received my orders from Wplus9 release :)
I must say....  I Love...love it!!!

I made this card to play with the new TREND WATCH CHALLENGE going on at Wplus9

For my card I used the Whole Lotta' Happy, Borders & Backgrounds 3, and the die-cuts
Happy Trio.

1. First, I created a card from white cardstock, and cut a panel same size as my A2 card then stamped the balloons first.
2.  Then when the image is dry I added the confetti effect on my balloons using the Uni-ball Signo board White pen. 
3. Next, I stamped the stamp images from Borders & Backgrounds 3 , I also cut some of the little piece of the stamps to spread the image everywhere on my card panel. Never fear, I can put all the pieces back together and still use it as intended too.
4. Then, I splatter my card with Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Gold...for the trends, I also added some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.


I got the inspiration from this photo :)

(source)



5. I want to show you I how I did my "happy" die-cut from Happy Trio. I die-cut some coaster board pieces and cut the bottom or the tails of the p's and y,  I did this so the tail of the p's and y are hanging on the strip without cutting some foam dots.



6. For the gold strip here's what I did, I attached my 1/4 score tape on a cardstock and apply my Perfect Pearls in Sunflower Sparkle for the bright gold effect like the Delicata ink....so in love with this color.
7. I then cut and adhere with foam dots on my card panel.



In this picture is just to show you the "happy"  the tails of the p and y just hanging okay on the strip.
The other sentiment is from the Whole Lotta' Happy as well.
I really love that Dawn included the sentiment " From all of US" so...Awesome!!!


Here's the full view of  the card.


I hope you enjoyed some of the trends in this card.

You can check all the details of the challenge HERE.

Thank you so much for visiting
and
Have a VERY Happy Happy Friday :)

.....................................Wplus9 Supplies..................................

50 comments:

  1. What a great card. I love the balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love the colors, the gold and those stamps are wonderful. I only own one WPlus9 set but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!! I love how you added the confetti effect on the balloons!! The dimension of happy is fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most festive and fun card ever!! I love everything you make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this! LOVING those balloons!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and dreamy, Joni! Gorgeous gold strip...I learn something from every card you share! Thank you for the incredible inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy sigh. Joni your work is flawless and perfect every. single. time. Seriously, how do you do it? Everything you create is amazing. I wish I could do what you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! love this! I really like how you layered the Happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Joni, Thanks for your recent visit & kind comment. I followed your link to enjoy your bright & fun birthday card. Love all the details you've added with the pops of color & great look with the signo white pen dots. Liking the way you used the ppearls on the score tape too. Must remember that technique I love the Delicata gold ink pad. It's my favorite gold ink, and Ranger Queen's Gold is my fav gold EP. I'll be joining as your newest follower, and hope you'll find time to visit again soon. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness this is magnificent Joni!! Your stamping is beautiful and I love your design. Very festive card, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I could comment on so many different things here. You totally had me with making the confetti on your balloons though ... that's so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its really a Happy card ! loved gold n all the colors on it !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Joni what a happy and cheerful card.
    so colourful, love it.
    thank you for the comment on my card.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing card Joni~ those confetti and balloons are pretty. love your happy card and I'm sure anyone would be thrilled to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, Joni ... fun, happy, festive, and so deliciously bubbly with all the balloons, confetti, splatters and sequins ... simply fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a wonderful 'happy' card Joni! love all the confetti and your beautiful background! you are SO creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a festive, happy card, Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so loving this!! Such a happy creation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love those colourful balloons with confetti, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment on my card, i really appreciate it!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the effect of the white gel pen on the balloons, Joni! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun card! Fabulous stamping and use of Perfect Pearls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card! Love the thickness of the happy and all that gorgeous gold!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww . . . this is so pretty! What a great card and unique design idea!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a delightful card! I love the gold bits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMGoodness! This card is an absolute burst of happiness! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, love that powder glitter and the way you adhered it! This is one gorgeous birthday card Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Joni, your card gives me a "whole lot of happy"! Beautiful in every way! Your technique for creating the glittery strip: brilliant! Once again, Joni, a crd that's added sparkle to my day! LOVE this!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks amazing, Joni! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so so stunning, love the glittery effect.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Jusy beautiful!!! I love the way you did the HAPPY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow wow wow... are you tired of hearing that yet? Because this card has WOW factor written all over it! So amazed by you and your work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just wow. This is gorgeous, Joni! Why you aren't on the Wplus9 team, I have no idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Crazy talented girl!! Love this card Joni so much!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Striking & beautiful, Joni! Love how you made the gold strip--thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I can barely stand it, I love this card more than words can ever, EVER say! This is my fave card ever right now! Thank you for sharing your how to!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is so stunningly gorgeous!! it shout party, fun bright happiness :) how do u do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Bright and happy!! I love the additions of gold. Gorgeous! I must dig out my Perfect Pearl out again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Perfect Pearls in Sunflower Sparkle is going to have to go on my wish list! Love the balloons too and that big happy!

    ReplyDelete
  40. So festive and fun Joni. I love the use of perfect pearls. I have jars sitting idle, you inspire me to get them out.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh so cute and fun Joni! It's always a pleasure to stop by your blog and see your lovely work and I love it that you show you you did it! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Such a gorgeous card, and so very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  43. oh my word I totally love this.. great color combo and love the added glitter.. so inspiring..

    ReplyDelete
  44. WOW!! So Pretty!! I LOVE the additions of gold and the FUN Inspiration Photo you shared!! TOO FUN!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow gorgeous detail what a great make, love it Have a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful details! Hope you have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and making my day :)