Thursday, January 1, 2015

Sending HappyThoughts...


Happy Anniversary to Fusion Card Challenge!

Hello Everyone, I was invited by lovely Katie to join the One Year Anniversary Celebration of Fusion.
For the celebration they have made this wonderful sketch and photo for us to create our designs with.



For my project I used the photo, I really love the chalkboard and gold :)

I first drew a square pencil mark on my watercolor paper and stamped the flowers from Wplus9 Pretty Little Peonies stamp set. After stamping then I watercolored each images, once the images dried then I erased the pencil mark on the panel. I really love gold, I added some splatter of gold mist from Heidi Swapp Color Mists in Gold.

For the chalkboard panel I cut a 2 1/2 X 3 inches of black cardstock and white heat embossed the sentiment "Sending Happy Thoughts" from Strictly Sentiments 2 stamp set, then added some white chalk ink around the sentiment to give that chalkboard feel. To give it a gold border on the panel I swiped the ink pad of Versamark ink on all the corners and dipped each corner on gold embossing powder and used the heat tool to melt the powder for the gold border look.


To finish off the card I adhere the chalkboard panel with foam tape for dimension.



Here's the full view of the card.



I hope you guys enjoyed!
I hope you will join in the festivities at Fusion.


Thank you so much for stopping by.
Happy New Year again to everyone :)






16 comments:

  1. Soooooo gorgeous! LOVING the flowers!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous, Joni!! I love the chalkboard sentiment!! The flowers are so pretty!! Beautiful design!! Happy New Year!! I hope 2015 is a fabulous one for you :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful design with your pretty floral background and overlay of your gold edge blackboard sentiment block Joni! thanks so much for joining us in the Fusion Challenge as Katie's Guest DT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, Joni! Thank you for guesting with us at FUSION.
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Joni, love the vibrant colors! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous as usual, Joni!! Love having you in the Fusion Challenge to help celebrate. Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, Joni - LOVE the gold edged "chalk board"!!
    Happy New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blossoms are so lovely ..... wonderful coloring skills!! I love the way the flowers peek out from behind the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joni, we're so thrilled to have you as Katie's guestie for the Fusion Celebration! Your card is simply perfect! Love all the touches of gold and the bloom are gorgeous! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beauty ..the chalkboard panel looks lovely on colored blooms and white bg makes them standout beautifully !

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! Love the way you did the black paper frames on here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply Stunning! I Love this one too, Joni! Happy New Years !

    ReplyDelete
  13. So swoon-worthy! The colors, he details, all wonderful! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOO much for being my guest for this! I am so fortunate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are ever amazing :) Love the gold framing of the chalkboard piece. So glad to have you guesting with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and making my day :)