Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Summer


Happy Friday Everyone!
I hope you are having a good day.
I am participating at CASology Challenge for the very first time.
Hopefully I have met the requirements :)

The challenge is about yellow.



When I think of yellow I think of summer.
I have this stamp set and dies from the new release at Wplus9 Milk and Cookies .
I used the milk jar for lemonade instead. I think it is a perfect match for summer.
 
 
Here is my take on the challenge.
I just love a very cold lemonade during summer.
 
On this card I used the gingham pattern paper from October Afternoon "Sidewalk"
On thebottom panel of my card I distressed it with Hawaiian Shore ink from Papertrey Ink,
I then added the twine and stick my jar on my card, and stamped the sentiment.
The little lime pieces you see on the bottom of the jar is from the same set, Milk & Cookies set.
I stamped the image on a separate cardstock and fuzzy cut it and adhere on the jar.
The sentiment I used was from Flipping Out stamp set from Papertrey Ink. To finish off
I added some foam dots on the panel and adhere on my card.
 


 
I added some foam dots under one of the jar to add  a little dimension
hopefully you can see it in the picture.
 
 
Here's another look of my card.
 
 
I Hope you enjoyed my take on my the challenge @ CASology.
If you have not participated yet, you should just give it a try :)
Just click the word CASology on my blog and it should direct you there :)
 
Thank you for looking!
Have a very wonderful weekend :)
Joninina

 
 



13 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! I love the gingham background and your scene is so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the summery feel to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Love summer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack! Love this card! This stamp set is fabulous and you really did it justice! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aahhh... the perfect summer card!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect for the summer..cute Image..may I ask you which stamp is it..lovely sentiment too and your blue under the twine is also nice touch...really great job...love your card.....good luck with the challenge...

    I am also joining the challenge on CASology, my card is number 89, would you mind to see it on my blog? I would be so happy if you could leave me some love. Thanks before and big hugs, Monika from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shading on the bottom of the front panel - unexpected and really fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a perfect Summery card! Love the lemonade/gingham combo. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, this is the most adorable card ever! Love the lemonade and the cute straws! Thanks for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just wanted to stop back here to say Congrats on your HM at CASology! LOVE this sweet summery card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your HM at CASology!!!! Lovely card, perfect for summer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a darling summer card, Joni! Congratulations on the HM honor from CASology!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and making my day :)