Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thinking of You - Top Dog Dies Guest Designer


Hello....hello...
I am so excited to be Guest Designing at Top Dog Dies today.

Just a brief description of the company:

Top Dog Dies is a new online store that offers their own brand of wafer-thin and steel-rule dies, along with dies from brands you already know and trust, including My Favorite Things, Sizzix, Savvy Stamps and Cheery Lynn Designs. Top Dog Dies is also the leading U.S. retailer for Tattered Lace, a new line of intricate dies designed by U.K. designer Stephanie Weightman.


For this project I use the Top Dog Dies Circle Mini Album Die to create my card.


1.) I die-cut my cardstock using the cuttlebug. The sandwich I used: B plate + Circle Album die + B plate again and run it, then I get this perfectly cut album die.
2.) Next I embossed my front of my card with Stampendous Translucent Pearl embossing powder. I first stamped my image with Versamark ink and heat embossed the embossing power to get the look.


3.) For my circle die after embossing, I distress it with Momento Gray Flannel to get that grey nice look.
4.) Next I stamped my sentiment on the side of my card with Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate.
5.) I then splatter my circle die with Studio Calico Mr. Huey's Opaque White and Classic Tan. I made sure to not splatter the sentiment.
6.) Next after all my splatters are dry, I then score the side of my front card then added the hole to insert the ribbons.

7) To finish of my card I added all my elements that you see on the bottom pictures.

Other supplies from the photo below:
The rolled twine I made it myself using the Cosmo Cricket Glubers.
The glittered leaves was die-cut using Impression Obsession Branch die.
The Gold Foil die leaves was die-cut using the WPlus9 Folk Art Florals.
The Seam binding was from Martha Stewart Crafts.



The close-up.


Here's the look of the final card.




For my other project I used the Top Top Dies SnowFlake Trio.
Instead of using it as a snowflakes I used it as my flower for my Birthday tag instead.


Here are the supplies that I used, most of them I just got at the local crafts store
like the leaves, the brads, and the white seam binding.

1. First before I die-cut my snowflakes, I made sure I have a shim add, since these beautiful snowflake dies are intricate in details.
2. For my snowflakes I distress it with Ranger Distress Worn Lipstick ink.
3. Next I tied the seam binding on my tag I created, after stamping with WPlus9 Damask Delight.
4. The stamped banner is also from WPlus9 Basic Banners  I also stamped the sentiment that's in the set.
5. I then assemble all my elements for my tag.


Here's the full look of the tag using the Snowflake Trio.


I hope you enjoyed my projects using Top Tog Dies.

 Be sure to check out Top Dog Dies  for compatibility and instructions on using their products.



Deadlines to enter the Giveaway will be 
Sunday, Jan. 19 at midnight.

REGISTER TO WIN HERE:
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES BY:
Commenting on My Blog and my post on Top Dog Dies’ blog.
and 

Following Top Dog Dies on: 

Good Luck!!!
Thank you so much for visiting
Have a Fabulous day :)

18 comments:

  1. Your circle card is stunning. Love what you've done with the snowflakes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, both cards are gorgeous, but love the first one so much!!! Stunning, Joni!
    Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous projects! I will have to remember to sponge the snowflakes and make them into a flower! Looks lovely!

    Very pretty circle card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, love the texture on your mini album!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just come over to your house and borrow some of your amazingness?!! ;) Just gorgeous, Joni!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowee you are just full of beautiful designs and ideas! Totally gorgeous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the embossing on circle card and the rolled jute flowers look fab on it ! The card is so pretty with lovely pink flower n big bow !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards. I especially love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joni, these are both SOOOO pretty. Your gray distressing creates the most fabulous effect, the background glows and has a lovely translucent look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Congrats on your guest designer spot, Joni! You did a fabulous job with the dies! I LOVE your idea to create a flower from the snowflake trio! Love ways to stretch the use of my supplies, and wow, is it beautiful, too! And love your idea to create a card from the mini album die. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such AMAZING Projects shared for today!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely projects. Love the rolled twine flowers.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. More stunning projects! The dies are new to me ...and I love them now after seeing your projects. Your photos are amazing as well Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Inking with gray flannel has added such a chic touch to your book. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous project, love your unique design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow! both are just terrific.. Loved the twine flowers.. :)

    ReplyDelete