Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Just Saying

Hello Everyone!
Just another card share.
I cannot help make another card using this squirrel.
I made a not so typical LOVE card out of him this time, but its a love card nonetheless.

The Stamp sets I used in this card are Nuts for you, Merry Little Christmas, and Scrolling Script for the little 
hearts you see. The "Just Saying" sentiment is from the Bubble Talk set.


To begin with, I did not have any grass die-cut on my stash so I just made my own using vellum.
I cut a piece of vellum and colored it with my Papertrey ink pad Spring Moss.....yup just like what you see on the image below. I just waited for it to dry and then I started cutting the vellum but not all the way, I left
some space at the bottom to adhere a strip of cardstock.


Here's how it looks like after I cut it, then I started coloring it again this time with a darker color 
Simply Chartreuse to give it a darker unbalance color.


I then stamp the squirrel image from Nuts for you, colored him with copics and fuzzy cut him.
The heart that you see is from Studio Calico Heart and Arrows wood veneers
 I just colored it with red sharpie and then added some glossy accents then waited for it to dry.

After I stamped all my images on my card panel I then cut a strip of white cardstock and colored it 
with simply chartreuse ink pad and adhere on top of my grass vellum.


I tried to put him between the cut vellum for added interest.
So here is the final product card.
I hope you guys enjoyed!
Thank you for looking!
Joninina



4 comments:

  1. Could this be any more adorable?!!! SO sweet! And that shower of hearts...awwwwwwww!!! Love, love, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Joni! And I love your Thanksgiving card in the last post, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came to see what you used for the grass.... it's adorable! I love how you can sort of see through the grass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, this is so sweet! I love how you did the grass and added the heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and making my day :)