Thursday, March 6, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #67

Hello Everyone.....
Its time for another CAS(E) this sketch

What a fun sketch made by Chrissy Larson.

To begin my card:
1. First, I made a card from a white cardstock, then cut another white cardstock for my front panel. I did cut the front panel a little shorter than the A2 card.
2. Before I adhere the panel, I inked my heat mat with Brushed Corduroy, I also added some water so the ink on my mat so when I splatter will only give me light colors, it really depends on how diluted you want your splatter to be.
3. Once the panel is dry, I the distress the bottom of my card with Wild Honey, just to have a little touch of color at bottom..



4. Next, I then die- cut some tags using PTI tag sale 6, kraft, white, and vellum papers.
5. For my tag I first embossed my Hero Arts Large Flower Background with white embossing power. I then colored my vellum image with Tim Holtz Distress Inks...(see inks below).
6. Next I then stamped my sentiment From Wplus9 Fanciful Feathers on a white cardstock then I fussy cut and adhere it on my card with foam tape.
7. For the final touch, I die-cut some gold foil cardstock using the Dancing Butterflies from Memory box.
8. I then added some hot pink twill ribbon and Natural twine to finish off the card.


Here's the full look of the card.


I hope you like my take.

Don't forget to join us again this week for creative fun.
You can also check out the other design team for there FAB interpretation of the sketch
@ CAS(E) this Sketch blog.

Thank you so much for your visit!
Have a Gorgeous week :)




40 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! I love love love love the colors and those butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the tag card.... Pretty as always Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Joni, the focal tag is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm so in awe! I think I would just have a room of cards in picture frames if I had your talent! Hehehehe! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously get heart failure every time I come here (in a VERY good way!!). Holey moley Joni, this is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so gorgeous, Joni! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!! The tag looks amazing!! I love all of the details!! Perfect take on the sketch!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS tag Joni and I adore those little gold butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I just tell you how delicious this is? And how utterly delectable it is to be playing along with you as our muse over at CASE Study this month?? I am loving playing off of your inspirations!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. *Like* your take, Joni?? Nope, I LOVE x LOVE your take! Your tag is a work of art, and those tiny butterflies....swooning! Stunning and spectacular!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is GORGEOUS, Joni!!! Absolutely, LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW doesnt do it justice. Absolutely love this card anddddd you have shown me another way to use this stamp that I love love using. So eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bright, beautiful colors and a wonderful design! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You just made me fall in love with this stamp all over again! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow--this is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Joni,i'm admire of your cards!They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely gorgeous, Joni! Such a clever way to use this background stamp and the colors are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE this Joni. What a colourful treat to the eyes.!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful tag, Joni! Awesome take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this card and this colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joni,this card is stunning...WOW! I just love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it! It's beautiful! So in love with your layered tags and how you used that background stamp as your focal image. That is brilliant! The coloring of the flowers on vellum is so fabulous. I really need to dig out some vellum again. You have me completely inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful, just as all your cards are, Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a stunning card! Love the embossed vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely gorgeous, Joni!! Love how you used part of the stamp for this tag card! Congrats on the Hero Arts Tweet!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, how gorgeous! I love the "shadowed" look of your tags! Great colors, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wowee, your cards blow me away every time, Joni! Absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness, Joni, this is just gorgeous ... the embossed vellum tag is stunning! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW this is glorious Joni!! Beautiful design and very well done. Probably my fave from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so pretty! You make your cards really come to life :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your gorgeousness!!!!! Ahhh good for my creative heart to visit you sweet Nina!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh you know I mean Joni nina!!!!! I just LOVE your name BTW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. this is beautiful!!! love the little gold butterflies and the stamped image is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Truly gorgeous card & wonderful use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous as always! Love the bright colors and the design Joni :-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. drool much?! I need a tissue to keep it from dribbling down my chin! Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and making my day :)