Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 1 - Winnie & Walter Premiere of Parentsville


Hello Everyone... is an exciting week for Winnie & Walter. Its March Premiere of new stamp sets and cut-files that will be available on March 15

Today we are introducing the Parentsville stamp set. This stamp set is perfect for the coming Mother and Father's day. 


Information on cut-files: Cut-Files will be a free with purchase with the coordinating stamp set until March 30. They will still be available for purchase separately too if you just want the cut files :) Let me tell you these cut-files are fantastic! These will get lots of uses for sure :)




For my first card, I used some of my patterned paper newsprint from Prima, and cut a black panel to add as a background for my panel. The panel I used is from the Winnie & Walter cut-files "File Basics" that will be available on March 15. Really love this cut-files which has a lot of possibilities. After cutting the cut-file, I distress the cut panel with Tim Holtz Distress inks: Wild Honey, Peacock Feathers, Black Soot, and Stormy Sky

For the sentiments "So glad you're my" I used the Versafine Onxy Black ink. The "DAD" sentiment, I also used the Versafine Onxy Black ink and some Gold Embossing powder on some part of the letters to give it a hint of gold, after all we don't want it too goldy...Ha! But the "Happy Father's Day" is embossed in gold.


As for the big bow, this is of the cut-files that is included with the stamp set if you purchase the stamps the cut-files is already included for free but only until March 30. I just added some white gel pen on the bow to make it polka dot. 

To finish of the card just added some splatter here and there using Mr. Huey's Opaque White and Shine.


Just another look from this view. I added some foam dots on the bow for dimensions.


Full view of the card.



For the second Dad card just very easy and simple. I just stamped the top of my card panel with the diamond image that is included in the set. I also added some black splatters here and there. The stars image is from W&W Scenery Big Bang Confetti set.



For the bottom of the card I stamped again with the diamond image, then just stamped the other images that are part of the set and the sentiments.

To finish off the card just adhere the panel on top of the pattern paper and black cardstock to finish the card.


Here's the full view.



Moving on to my third card...for MOM, I made this very feminine and soft.  For the panel of my card before I did some inking I first emboss it using Maggie Holmes Embossing Folder Styleboard Doilies. After embossing I then distress the tips of the panel then stamped the fun images for Mom that's included in the Parentsville stamp set (purse, shoes, and gloves). 

The flowers and leaves are part of the cut-files of Write Stuff: Leave it to Mom. I also added an enamel dot on top of the flower.



For the sentiment: The "Mom" I stamped it first on a white cardstock and then fussy cut...which I love doing, I also added some foam dots to add dimensions. The "for a wonderful"  sentiment I just stamped it directly on the panel.

To finish off the card I just added some splatters from Heidi Swapp color shine in Blush and Gold. I then added some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh, Marshmallow and Mini Sparkling Clear sequins in 4mm so cute.


Just another view of the dimensions.


The full view of the card.



For my last card, I featured the purses for Mom. For this panel is another simple card, flat card but full of colors. For my card base I first smooshed it on the mat with Delicata gold ink and some Aqua mist ink, I just added some water and let it dry to get the hint of gold. 

For my panel, I did some watercolor effect which is fun because it doesn't have to be perfect *-*.  I first ink my clear stamp image then spray it with water, then I just move some of the water on the clear stamp with my fingers before stamping it on the panel.  

For the inks, pretty much worked with what i have, I tried this technique with Hero Arts ink, Papertrey Ink inks, and Distress inks.




Once the ink is all dry, then I stamped my sentiments and I'm done :)


Here's the full view of the card.



Phew!!! I hope you guys enjoyed my projects for Parentsville stamp set that will release this coming Saturday March 15.

For more DT Inspirations:

Vanessa's preview projects will be available later this month.


Don't forget to stop by at Winnie & Walter for stamp GIVEAWAY HERE!



Thank you so much for visiting me.
Have wonderful week.




29 comments:

  1. Wow !! such gorgeous cards Joni ..Each and everyone is just so amazing really love them all !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow!! These are all gorgeous! LOVING the colors and loveeeeeeee the bow tie on the first one and the purses on the last one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so beautiful, Joni! Your stamping is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your cards are SUPER AWESOME !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely awesome cards! You surprised me with this yellow/black/grey color-combo - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joni of my goodness what fantastic cards! In love with your watercolouring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards, Joni! My favourite is the purse one -- it's just so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always excited to see what you create, Joni!! The dimension on your first Mom card is just delicious. And I do love that cut file you used on your first Dad card ... gives it a little something without overwhelming at all. Looking forward to tomorrow : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what great showcasing... you were pretty busy with those card Joni! They were all super fun and cute~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Joni!! ur cards are so dreamy and beautiful, I just want to sit and stare at them,
    Also, I love the way u pick ur colors... that's perfection always :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is always a delight to come to your blog to see what surprises are in store and you never disappoint with your gorgeous creations, Joni! I loved the cards I saw and the other two are just as stunning. I adore the watercolored purse card! So bright and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, WOW, WOW Joni. These are all so fantastic. I love the backgrounds on all of them. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great cards, Joni ... I particularly love that polka dot bow tie and the rainbow of handbags (or purses!) ... such fun! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The father's day card is stylish and the mother's day cards are so pretty Joni! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, they are all fabulous, Joni!! I love the designs!! The way you use the distress inks is just fabulous!! Your stamping is amazing!! Love them all!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. Crazy awesomeness again, Joni! You really are a creative genius!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your cards, that first mom card is just gorgeous! This looks like a fun set.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow all of these are just awesome.. full of creativity.. LOVE THEM

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have knocked my socks off!!! These are wonderful Joni. Your mom card is OUTSTANDING!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such gorgeous cards, Joni! But I have to tell you that when I first cast my eyes over your Fathers Day card, I read "So you're my Dad" and not "So glad you're my Dad". I did spend a few seconds wondering how often "So you're my Dad" would be needed as a sentiment LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love how you combine images, Joni! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous, Joni!!! So much to look at, I love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow x 4, Joni! Your set of cards is spectacular - beautiful detail, gorgeous colours, eye-catching layouts! What more can I say beyond: you are one talented designer, and we are sooooo lucky to have you delight us with your gift of creativity!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous cards Joni! Love the third one, for Mom, but all of them are gorgeous! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, so many fun & fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! You have been so busy! These are amazing, just as I think of a comment I want to leave on one card I see another one and fall in love again! So over all LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness! That purse one...stole the show...just jaw-dropping!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and making my day :)